Its come to the surface, many many times since Daisey turned one last year. Now we are on the brink of her second birthday and I find myself ecstatic with the hopes of baby number 2. Student Doc and I finally got on the same page in February and started our adoption papers for the second time. We felt so sure that it was something that we needed to hurry with, but due to silly money issues, we had to go a little bit and a time. I found out today that our fingerprints have come back from the FBI and there were no problems. Last time, it took around 2 months and I had to go get them done twice, with a letter finally telling them to do a name search. This time its back within 3 weeks and we're steaming ahead at full blast! I am hoping that next week will bring an appointment for our home visit and interviews so we can get approved to adopt again!
Its hard to explain the anticipation that I feel. I have been wanting to buy tiny diapers for months, planning Daisey's "big girl bed", getting Daisey potty trained. Now, something that I was sure was going to take until the end of August, has begun at the beginning of June. Blessed? Maybe. The longer I have Daisey in my life, the more certain I am becoming that adoption just might be the way we are going to have our children. I worry less about my body's abilities, and more about my heart. Daisey's adoption wasn't easy, can I handle another one just like that? What would I do with an easy adoption? How many and how much is certainly on the top of the list of questions.
It's strange to think that this time next year, we could be a family of 4 getting moved in to someplace new, someplace different. Student Doc will no longer be Student, he'll just be Doc. Daisey will be a big sister, and I could be a stay at home mother of two. Two possibly very different children. It's exciting and strange all at the same time. I didn't think 3 years ago that I would be capable of anything close to what I have been able to accomplish and here I am, ready to take on some more, all for the sake of motherhood and family.
So what's next?. Relief Society is done until August, so that's a relief of sorts. Student Doc has one more month of rotation before he starts studying for Step 2 Board Exams in July. Daisey turns 2 the end of this month, and we might be headed to Utah for a week in July. Who knows! Come what may and love it, right? Hopefully what comes will be under ten pounds, have ten toes, and ten fingers, will smile and grow up calling me Mommy. Gosh, I love that word. Mommy..
Student Doc's Wife
No comments:
Post a Comment