Monday, January 17, 2011

Time keeps on Ticking...

It's been a while since I've sat down and blogged. So I think it's about time. Time just keeps on going by, faster and faster.
Daisey is now 18 months old, and full of energy and life. She's a beautiful little girl, with a sassy attitude and a desire to bite boys in nursery. (yeah, I know...who would have thought?! we don't bite at home..) She's starting to become less of a baby and more of a little girl. Just this morning while I was in the shower, she sat and pretended to put blush on her cheeks, just like mommy. It was so cute to watch, and a little bit saddening at the same time. We wanted to have a baby for so long, and just like that- she's not a baby anymore. However, now come some of the fun things. Watching her discover individual blades of grass, going down slides by herself, and shoulder rides from Daddy. I just can't get over the feeling that it's time for another.. We're ready for another.

Student Doc is busy as always with his rotations. January started out bumpy, but has gotten smoothed out and busy. He changed the doc that he's with and is having a better experience now. He's started studying for the next set of board exams. His first test is in Pennsylvania on Feb 15. So he won't be around for valentines day. Not that we do anything anyway, but he won't be home so it won't even be an option. I guess it's better that way, then we'll celebrate a little bit early and get away from the crowd. He's starting to think more about his residency, and it's making him nervous. What kind of doc does he REALLY want to be, where are we going to end up? Are we even going to make money? (Thank you Obama...) :P Worrying about all those things that men worry about. I guess that's good, lately I"m preoccupied with Relief Society and keeping up with the laundry.

This months Relief Society activity is going to be good. It's tomorrow and it's taken about a month to get planned. So finally, it will be done tomorrow regardless of if it's completely planned. I am realizing just how much is put into all the activities that I never went to before I was put in as 2nd counselor. I should have gone, I know what it feels like to have put in all the energy and have not many come. Once this one is done, on to the next one. I guess one day I will get back to the projects and things that I want to do at home. Finish Doug's Christmas present-yeah didn't get it done in time, but I gave it to him anyway! Put together a family picture book for Daisey so she doesn't forget who everyone is- and it gives her something to do at church. Then there's the Etsy shop... I have new things to post in the shop, but haven't taken the time to do that either. Then there's the "next baby" issue. Adopt again? Keep waiting for something else to happen? Argh! It's all about paperwork, money, and time...

Other than the day to day things, taking Oscar to the vet because he's puking, school, being a mom and wife, things are good. Life is good. It's 70 degrees here today and the sun is shining. We're healthy, happy, and we have a good home. It just needs straightened up a bit! ;) Hopefully next month will be good too, and my Mom said she might come visit in March. That will be fun. I miss having one-on-one time with her. Especially now that I'm a mom myself.

So we'll keep going as "time keeps on ticking...into the future..."
Student Doc's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment