I have to take a small minute and brag just a little bit.. :) Last night was my first Relief Society Additional Meeting (that's what they want us to call it now..no more Enrichment.. )as the 2nd counselor and being over the whole deal. I have to say, that I think it was a success!! I ended up yelling a lot. We did a version of speed dating. It was fun to watch, and I think funner to participate. I got to hold a baby- chubbiest, cutest thing ever- and yell at everyone that it was time to stand up and move to the left! We had a HUGE turn out and everyone brought a lot of chocolate to share. It was great.
Better yet, was my wonderful hubby's help. Not only did he take care of Daisey while I was away, but was home during the day so that he could help me get things ready to go. Then he came with me to the church to help me get it all set up. He was full of patience this last month and I am so very grateful for all he's been able to do! xoxo to you!
So now on to the next big activity. Thanksgiving..with ALL my sisters and brothers in attendance! I am so excited to see all the kids and all my siblings. I'm still not quite sure how we're all going to fit in my house, but we'll make it work.
Doug is doing a Pediatric rotation right now, and unfortunately, I don't think he's enjoying it. I think he would make a fantastic pediatrician (I might be a little biased :) ) So I know he's looking forward to the next rotation and the three days he has left with this particular doctor. He actually get's most of the Thanksgiving week off, so he'll be around to help out and have fun while my family is in town.
All in all, it's been a good month. I feel like I might actually get the hang of my new calling. Now, all I have to do is get Daisey to sleep through the night and finish getting her two molars and an eye-tooth. Yeah for teething!
No comments:
Post a Comment