I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything on here. It seems like the days just keep going by faster and faster. Doug finished his board exams, step 1, in July for both MD and DO programs. I am proud to say that he passed both of them!! I think he's a little disappointed in his score, but I know that he's just as happy as I am to have it over with. Now we look forward to taking, and affording, step 2, for both the MD and DO as well. That should be good fun for the budget and the together time we have! We went up to Utah for about 2 weeks in July, that was fun for a day or two, then Daisey got sick and that ended all fun. After two trips to the doctor, a couple times having hives, finding out she's allergic to Sulfa drugs, and getting her the right medication, she was feeling better just in time for us to head back home. Isn't that the way it always goes? It seems like she gets sick every time we go home, either while we're there or once we get back home.
Aug 16, 2010- Daisey took her first steps on her own! She is no where near being a pro at it, but she's trying. It was great! Doug and I were so excited! I think Doug was just thrilled to be home and right there to see it all happen. We caught it on our video camera, so hopefully I will be able to load it and everyone can cheer right along with Doug and I.
This month is flying by. Doug is doing his first doctor rotation at a Psych hospital here in Vegas. They deal with drug addiction (Imagine that..) and with Psych patients. I think he doesn't hate it, but I also know that it's not what he wants to do. Not enough "hands on" with the patients. It's great because most days he's home around 3 o'clock and then he's here for the rest of the day. It's kind of a hard switch though, I don't really know what to do with him until dinner time. I'm not used to having him under foot. Don't get me wrong, I love having him home! Next month is Internal Medicine out at Valley Hospital- that should be interesting because we've heard they get worked to the bone. So that should be fun.
It's still hot down here, and it's been a while since Dais and I have been to the pool. Maybe we'll go today. Who knows what the day will hold. We'll just hang in down here in the sweltering heat!
No comments:
Post a Comment