Here we go..on to bigger and greater things. In the past month, Daisey has gotten ALL 8 front teeth. 4 on top, 4 on bottom. I am afraid that in not to much longer she's going to be getting her first set of molars, her 1st birthday IS at the end of this month! She didn't do to bad with it, considering that she had 5 coming in all at one time. So I think she's a pretty good teether, then again she's an only child, so I just may be up in the night on this!
It wasn't even a week ago that while I was on the computer at the kitchen table (I can't use the computer room upstairs..Doug has invaded it to study for boards..more on that to come later)when I heard Daisey talking to herself, the dog..whomever. I went searching for her, I couldn't see her in my direct line of sight. I thought she was just around the corner and down the hall, so I walked PAST the stairs to find her. She wasn't there. It wasn't until I turned around and looked up that I noticed she had climbed her first 4 stairs without me even paying attention! Instead of panicking (I have since found out that this would be the most common reaction from my mom-friends) I grabbed the video camera. I coaxed her up one more stair, got the footage on film, picked up Daisey and ran to show Doug-who was upstairs studying. Needless to say, I have a perm-a-gate at the bottom of my stairs and am thinking of investing on one to stay upstairs to guard her from going down. She does pretty well going back down them, she tumbles sometimes, but she's not very brave unless someone is sitting with her. I don't know where the courage from the first day went, but it's gone. So now, there is a HUGE reason to leave the play pen up. If i have to go upstairs for just a second, I put her in there and she cries until I come back down, but it's easier that putting up the gate that I would just take back down at nap time.
We gave Daisey her first chicken nugget this past week too! She loved it! I had to watch how much I put on her tray, or she'd stuff everything in her mouth! Since that new "treat" she's decided that she's done with baby food for dinner. She's almost a year, so it's not a huge deal, but I find myself trying to decide what she's going to eat and what she can eat, and what she should eat. Not everything Doug and I eat is "baby-able".
So I guess it's just on to a new chapter in the book of motherhood. I want to cry at night when I put her to bed, because she doesn't fall asleep in my arms anymore- there is no cuddling this busy baby girl. In July we'll be able to put our adoption papers back in, but that costs money...(who would have thought?) and until July 9th, myself and all of my med-school-wife-friends are single mothers as our hubby's study for their first set of boards. The boards that determine thing like where you can go for residency, what type of doctor you could possibly be, and where you might be able to get a job down then road when you're done. So until then...I'm married, single, and crying. So here's to time flying by, for better or for worse...it just keeps on going...faster and faster.
No comments:
Post a Comment