Saturday, April 17, 2010

Eternal Happiness, Eternal Family



On April 6th, 2010, we were able to finalize Daisey's adoption!! It was a wonderful day! For some silly reason, I was nervous! (Of Course) At 3:00 we took ourselves, with both our mothers in two, and went down to the court house. After we waited in the hallway for a little bit with our Miracle Attorney and a caseworker from Catholic Charities, we were taken in to the court room where we were alone (it was a closed court). Before we knew it, I was crying, the judge was clapping with a toy clapper, and Doug was grinning from ear to ear. The finalization was over, and after taking pictures, filing the paperwork, we were done in 30 minutes! It was amazing!

We decided to take Daisey home to Utah to take her to the temple and bless her with our family all around. So on the 7th, we loaded ourselves onto the plane- both mom's in tow- and headed to Utah. On Saturday, April 10th, we were finally sealed to Daisey for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple! We had a family friend come and take some pictures outside the temple with us in our "whites". Of course, Daisey cried through the whole ceremony. I don't know why, it was nap time, she didn't have her binky, and I am sure things were a little new to her. The Temple was nice though, the day was cool, but the sun was out and so were the flowers! I can't put into words what it felt like to have that final ordinance done. Now I know that if something happens- we will always be together!

On Sunday, April 11th, we blessed Daisey in Jennifer's ward (Doug's sister). It was so nice to have our brothers, grandparents, and friends there to participate, and to celebrate the occasion with us. We had lots of family and friends there to support us! This time, Daisey didn't cry. She was quiet the whole time and even gave a small smile when Doug held her up afterward. We didn't get quite the nice weather, but we took a few pictures outside to remember the day.

Of course throughout this, Daisey was beautiful in her dress, and was just a doll the whole time. She's a good baby, and is such a joy to have in our home. She's getting so big every day. She's scooting around now, not quite crawling-she gets a knee in there every once in a while- and sits up, rolls around, and jabbers all the time. She found the dog food, and the laptops. Of course she found the computers...

I love knowing that our family is eternal. No one can split us up, no one can be taken! All the weight and stress is off our shoulders and all we have to worry about now is raising our Daisey. Finally, I feel like I am really looking forward to it with joy and happiness in my heart. She is one of a kind, and she's all ours!

Love you, Daisey Ann Larsen!

Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment