Well, the end is near. We can see the finish line, we are only strides away! Yesterday our Lawyer and caseworker met with the judge and made it official..the TPR is DONE! The termination of parental rights is done- no more BF, no more "john does". Everyone is DONE! We thought that was relief. Today we met with the lawyer to sign our Adoption Decree, Affidavit of Fee's, and to pay more money. (Always more money...)I didn't think there was any more relief waiting.. Yet here it is. A huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders, minds, and spirits. We talked to the lawyer about April and Easter, which is when we hope to be able to finalize and take Daisey to the temple, he actually said that we should have our finalization date by Monday, and that it should be sometime after Easter/Conference. We're hoping against all hope that we can finalize on the 6th, and then be able to go up to Utah and take Daisey to the temple and bless her.
There aren't words to describe what it feels like. We've known all along, though not always with a positive attitude, that it would end up with the three of us at the temple. We are finally looking at having our sweet baby with us for eternity, and I don't think anyone can truly understand unless you've been where we are. We found out today that our adoption case was the hardest/worse one that our lawyer has done. That made us wonder how much easier it might be next time..if there's a next time. We knew it had been hard, but we didn't think that it could've been the worst. But all of a sudden, it's as if the amusement park ride is over and you're left standing at the exit still a little dizzy and confused trying to find your way to meet your friends. Here we are, I can see the meeting place but my legs are still a little wobbly. I'm afraid I am going to get to the meeting place and not really be sure how I got there! I guess all that matters, is that we're there.
I can't wait to find out the date that Daisey legally becomes a Larsen, and be able to call the Temple and make that Spirit-saving-eternal-family-link-of-love appointment. So now I'm going to go hand wash a baby temple dress, lovingly made for her by Grammy embellished by Mommy, and hang it with her afghan awaiting for that wonderful day in...April?
No comments:
Post a Comment