So I keep thinking about things that I can't do anything about. It's going to slowly drive me crazy. We haven't heard anything new that changes the situation with Daisey's adoption- so nothing new there. So I'm going to try and focus on some of the better things in my life right now. Ya know, stay positive. So here goes..
Daisey is healthy! We went to the cardiologist at the beginning of December and her heart got a clean bill of health. So no issues there! (whew!) She also is weighing in at 16 pounds and 25 inches long. So she's no longer under average. She is perfectly normal. So normal in fact that the PA told us to baby proof the apartment so that she couldn't get into anything once she starts moving. She's not even rolling yet! We've started the baby food. She loves rice cereal with the fruit, especially when we add extra apple sauce. Yeah, I know you're supposed to start with veggies first, but she didn't like the rice cereal. We've tried squash, carrots, pears, and apple sauce. We're going to try peas, green beans, and bananas. I think tonight will be peas. I've been working on her scrapbook the last couple of days and it still amazes me how big she's gotten in such a short amount of time. She's grown so much, and then I was amazed at the things that she's just learned in our time in Utah. Just the other day Daisey reached for Dougs glass that he'd been drinking out of. He gave it to her- with a hand on it of course- and watched her promptly put it to her mouth and hold it! She got a face full of ice, but she didn't care. She just sat there sucking on the ice cube- the small corner that she could reach. Today at church she wanted the hymn book. I guess she's just going to get more and more mobile and want to cuddle less and less. It feels like my days of having a cuddly baby are disappearing too fast. Maybe we'll end up with another one on the way (in one way or another) a lot sooner than I thought.
Until then...I will keep enjoying my Daisey Days!
No comments:
Post a Comment