So, we decided that since Student Doc's grandma was so so sick, we'd drive home and see her. We climbed in the car on Friday and were home by 10:00. It snowed just about the whole way home. Saturday we got the truck registered, and then went to see grandma. She's doing okay. Not great, but okay. Then we spent some time with our new niece and was having a good time.....
Why do babies always make me into a selfish, mean, crying monster?!
I find myself hating all the four generation photo's going on, and hating the fact that I"m leaving to head back to "Sin-City" and won't see my niece for another month- at least- and I"m leaving in the morning. I have to actually SHARE the baby that isn't mine! WHAT FOR? The only thing that saved me was my loving Student and my mother!
I know, I know...it's not good, it's not my baby, and she'll be 4 by the time we get to spend any length of time with her. Part of the problem is that I was working on our adoption stuff before the whole day got rolling. Emotions and then babies...it just doesn't work for me all the time. It's not that I don't love being around all the kids, and babies, and all that, it's just that some people tend to not stop and think about others when they speak.
I guess I am just anxious to get the rest of our adoption stuff taken care of. I have so few things left to do, and it never seems to work out. We got in the truck today to go back home and we get all the way to SLC and I remember that I didn't grab our notebook that has ALL our rough drafts and things in it for our letter....I did really good. I didn't panic. I called my mom-in-law. We got home- all was well. I just feels like it's going to be one of those weeks, where things that you don't plan for go wrong, you end up "chasing your tail" all week long and still never get anywhere!
So hopefully, we'll actually get some things done this week. We'll get to finish our adoption stuff, and I'll get to do all that scrapbooking that I've had sitting in my living room all week, and get to cleaning the kitchen floor...it hasn't been done since- well who really knows! So until then, it's au revoir...maybe we'll get somethings done...nope, it's time for bed!
-Frustrated Infertile Mertile
You are the awesomest person I have ever met! I love you and I for whatever it means I am here for you to listen and support you however I can! I kinda understand some of the things your are feeling! Just know I am here if you ever, ever need anything!
ReplyDelete