Sunday, February 7, 2010

What a week..


Its been quite the week. On Monday I got a cold from who knows where, and it literally knocked me on my butt! I haven't been this sick in years. Maybe next year I'll follow my mom's advice and get the flu shot, but who knows. It wasn't even 2 days later that Little Bucket started coughing...again. So not only was I sick, but she was getting sick too! We've been on the "tooth" watch for the last little while, and you'd never guess, right in the middle of her starting her cold, she started to get her first tooth! I feel so bad for the little peanut. After a very helpful hubby (thanks sweetheart!) I got a few nights sleep and started to be on the mend, just in time for it to hit Little Bucket full fledged! Friday night she was up every 40 minutes. Yes EVERY 40 MINUTES!! So needless to say, Student Doc and I were very tired the next day. Saturday was nice, sort of. I still wasn't feeling well, and so Student Doc ended up taking care of the both of us all day. Today is better. Little Bucket was up a lot last night, so at 6 am I decided sleep was not an option and so after a steamed up bathroom, Vicks vaporub, a diaper change, and another nebulizer treatment, and a short nap she seemed to be doing better. She's finally down for a nap. All I have to say is-thank heavens for infants Motrin!

We also got some new information about the court case for Little Buckets adoption. Happily, we don't have to pay the the DNA tests for Little Bucket and the BF, He does! He also has to have it done by the 26th of this month! So it's not going to be very much longer and one of the big questions out there will be answered. Hopefully it'll come back negative for this person and we can be done and finalized by March. I just can't wait until it's all over. Until we can take her in our arms to the Temple of the Lord and have her with us Forever. We love being her parents, Nebulizer and all.

1 comment:

  1. So glad your Saturday went alright. Sheesh. Every 40 minutes is not fun at all. Love you tons. See you in March!!

    ReplyDelete